Projects per year
Thérèse Delvaux is a medical doctor, specialized in obstetrics and gynecology (University of Liège, Belgium). She has over 30 years of experience in the field of sexual and reproductive health. She is scientific expert and senior researcher at the Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM), Antwerp. She teaches sexual and reproductive health (SRH) and coordinates the advanced Short Course on SRH at ITM.
After working with Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium in Africa (Rwanda, Guinea, Angola) and Asia (Cambodia), she worked at the School of Public Health, Free University of Brussels (ULB), then obtained a MPH in 1996 (Harvard University, USA).
She joined the Unit of HIV/STI Epidemiology and Control at the Institute of Tropical Medicine in 1998. She obtained a PhD degree in 2009 (University of Ghent, Belgium) on the topic “Linking sexual and reproductive health and HIV services: from needs to feasibility and evidence of benefits”.
She is a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of the scientific journal Sexual and Reproductive Health Matters. She is involved at the Belgian level in the field of international sexual and reproductive health since 2000, first with the Belgian Platform on Population and Development she chaired for 6 years, and currently with the Working Group on Sexual and Reproductive health and Rights (SRHR), within the Belgian International Health Platform Be-cause Health.
- Linkages between sexual and reproductive health and HIV, including prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT); Integrated sexual and reproductive health.
- Family planning services/programs.
- Quality of maternity care, safe abortion and reproductive health services; reproductive health programs.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH): Master in Public Health, ITM, Antwerp: PMTCT; introduction to SRH; unsafe abortion/ safe abortion services; family planning; evidence-based medicine in reproductive/maternal health; integrated sexual and reproductive health services (1998/99-current)
- SRH: Master in Public Health –“Mestrado em Saude Publica”, Reproductive Health Option, University E. Mondlane, Maputo, Mozambique (2009-current)
- SRH: Post graduate in Tropical Diseases and International Health, ITM, Antwerp: PMTCT; Safe abortion services (2000-current)
- Course Coordination: “International Course on Planning and Management of Reproductive Health Programs”, (1999-2019); Advanced Short Course on SRH
- Coaching: MPH thesis, ITM, Antwerp (1998/99-current); PhD students (2010-current)
- 1 Similar Profiles
Dive into details
Select a country/territory to view shared publications and projects
27/04/21 → …
Advancing the implementation of quality improvement strategies to reduce maternal mortality using realist evaluation: the case of Maternal Death Reviews in Benin
1/01/21 → 30/06/22
Documenting stillbirths and early neonatal deaths to improve maternal and newborn health in Cambodia
20/10/20 → 20/10/21
Project: Research Project
Improving facility delivery and postpartum care coverage through facility and community based intervention in the post-Ebola context in rural Guinea
1/01/19 → …
A double-edged sword-telemedicine for maternal care during COVID-19: findings from a global mixed-methods study of healthcare providersGalle, A., Semaan, A., Huysmans, E., Audet, C., Asefa, A., Delvaux, T., Afolabi, B. B., El Ayadi, A. M. & Benova, L., 2021, In : BMJ Global Health . 6, 2, 14 p., e004575.
Research output: Contribution to journal › A1: Web of Science-articleOpen AccessFile65 Downloads (Pure)
Approche eLearning pour le renforcement des capacités des professionnels de santé en Guinée: une expérience post-EbolaMillimouno, T. M., Delamou, A., Kourouma, K., Kolié, J. M., Manet, H., Thoupia Baldé, A., Habib Béavogui, A., Roegiers, S., Garcia, M., Kiyan Tsunami, C., Van Damme, W. & Delvaux, T., 2021, In : Santé Publique. 32, 5, p. 537-548 12 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › A1: Web of Science-article
Correction to: Effects of implementing a postabortion care strategy in Kinshasa referral hospitals, Democratic Republic of the CongoIshoso, D. K., Tshefu, A., Delvaux, T., Dramaix, M., Mukumpuri, G. & Coppieters, Y., 2021, In : Reproductive Health. 18, 1, 2 p., 155.
Research output: Contribution to journal › A1: Web of Science-articleOpen AccessFile
"I got what I came for": a qualitative exploration into family planning client satisfaction in Dosso region, NigerCalhoun, L., Maytan-Joneydi, A., Moumouni, N. A., Benova, L., Delvaux, T., van den Akker, T. & Speizer, I., 2021, In : Tropical Medicine and International Health. 26, p. 215-216 2 p.
Research output: Contribution to journal › Conference abstract in journal
Interventions to increase facility births and provision of postpartum care in sub-Saharan Africa: a scoping reviewCamara, B. S., Delamou, A., Grovogui, F. M., de Kok, B. C., Benova, L., El Ayadi, A. M., Gerrets, R., Grietens, K. P. & Delvaux, T., 2021, In : Reproductive Health. 18, 1, p. 1-22 22 p., 16.
Research output: Contribution to journal › A1: Web of Science-articleOpen AccessFile1 Downloads (Pure)